Our beans have reached the top of the poles we made back in June. We were hoping that they would wind around the tendril-like tops of the pole to make little bean trees but that hasn't happened yet. The plants have really slowed down at around six feet.
Bending the poles was easy. Here are some pictures showing how we did it on Flickr. It really is easier than it looks; you have to kind of wrestle the rebar around a bit but you can make just about any curve or shape you want.
We have tons of flowers on these vines and a few young beans ripening now. Not bad for a very late start.
Tools for Conquering Internet Addiction
1 hour ago